The Handy Atmosphere SP is a hand-held meter designed to measure the oxygen of the gas in food packages.
The probe is fixed to the meter inside a measurement chamber with a needle. The probe acts as the piston of a pump, drawing sample gas into the chamber when the meter and chamber are pulled apart.
Signal processing is performed using a microprocessor, which gives a number of advantages.
Just as with other Handy instruments you can simply switch on and measure, but the use of microprocessor technology enables measurements to be supported by a range of advanced functions designed to make things even easier for you:
Automatic Probe Check
Choice of Language
Barometric Pressure Compensation
Extremely long battery life
- Automatic self-check of instrument
- Automatic check of cable and probe.
- Compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure
- User selectable language.
- User selectable main display parameter.
- “On-screen” instructions.
- 1400 hours use from one 9V alkaline battery.
- Illuminated display with variable intensity.
- Special highly flexible cable.
- Automatic shutdown for power saving.
- Galvanic type probe.
- No warm up time.
- No heated parts.
- Fully temperature compensated.
- Remarkably short response time.
- Easy to clean.
- Stores dry.
- Excellent long-term stability.
- No need for regular service or renovation.
- Extremely economic in use.
- Can be used on packages with only 20 ml free volume
- Probe Type: Galvanic cell, self-polarising, self-temperature compensating.
- Operating Conditions: 0 to +50°C.
- Measuring Range: 0-100% oxygen by volume.
- Resolution: 0.1% by volume.
- Accuracy: Typically better than +/- 1% of measured value +/- 1 digit.
- Repeatability: Typically better than +/- 0.5% of measured value.
- Response Time: 90% of end value in less than 25 seconds.
- Display: Large, easy to read graphical LCD display. Variable backlight.
- Dimensions: 98 mm diameter x 36 mm + belt clip (if used).
- Self-check of: Probe function, meter function, cable, battery.
- Useful battery life: Typically 500 hour’s normal use max. 2 years.
- Standard Accessories: Storage pouch, seal pads, 2 needles.