Handy Polaris 2 has a memory can contain 3000 complete sets of data – each containing values of mg/l (ppm), % saturation, temperature, time and date. Values can be stored either automatically at pre-set time intervals, or manually. You can group values according to the place of measurement. Stored values can be transferred to a PC using the Polaris Link, which connects to the PC via a USB cable.
The new data logging and transfer capabilities, and other functions such as automatic calibration and self-check of the probe and meter, combine with the well-known accuracy, reliability and low maintenance needs of the Handy series to make an instrument that will serve you well for many years to come.
- Automatic calibration with stability check.
- Automatic self-check of instrument, cable and probe.
- Compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure
- User selectable language and main display parameter.
- “On-screen” instructions.
- 1400 hours use from one 9V alkaline battery.
- Illuminated display with variable intensity.
- Stores 3000 sets of full data
- Automatic or manual data logging
- Data transfer to PC using link and USB cable
- Galvanic type.
- No warm up time.
- Fully temperature compensated.
- Remarkably short response time.
- Stores dry.
- Excellent long-term stability.
- Tough membrane.
- No need for regular service or renovation.
- Probe renovation easy and fast when needed.
- Spares available at very low price
- Display: Large, easy to read graphical LCD display. Variable backlight.
- Probe Type: Galvanic cell, self-polarising, self-temperature compensating.
- Cable Length: Standard 3 m. Any length available on request.
- Operating Conditions: Probe: -5 to +45°C, meter -20 to +60°C.
- Encapsulation (meter): Short-term immersion proof to max. 5m depth.
- Measuring Range: 0-60.0 ppm (mg/l) and 0-600% saturation. Automatically compensated for temperature and barometric pressure. Manual salinity compensation.
- Temperature -5 to +45°C.
- Salinity Compensation: 0-59 ppt salinity (manually set).
- Accuracy: Depends on calibration accuracy. Typically better than +/- 1% of measured value +/- 1 digit within the standard measuring range.
- Repeatability: Typically better than +/- 0.5% of measured value.
- Response Time: 90% of end value in less than 20 seconds in water.
- Accuracy, Temperature: +/- 0.2°C.
- Datalog capacity: Over 3000 sets of complete information (mg/l, %sat, temperature, events etc.)
- Dimensions: 98 mm diameter x 36 mm + belt clip (if used).
- Self-check of: Probe function, meter function, cable, battery.
- Useful battery life: Typically 500 hours normal use, max. 2 years.
- Standard Accessories: Membranes with O-rings, electrolyte, cathode cleaning pad, storage pouch